Friday, August 13

Blunder Week: Lumpies

Once upon a time it snowed.
Which is a semi-rare experience in these parts.

I thought I'd be a fun big sister and make cookies and hot chocolate for my brothers and their friends.

My dough didn't seem quite right so I added some extra flour.
It was still sticky so I kept adding.
A few cups of extra flour later it still didn't seem right, but how much flour can you add?

I cooked them anyway.

Then I pulled hard lumpy, exploding things out of the oven.
They were yummy to be sure, but not very cookie like.

Everyone laughed at me and my lack of domesticity.

My mom came home and went through the recipe with me trying to figure out what in the world I'd done wrong.
Answer: Nothing!!

Then we cleaned up the kitchen.  
As my mom went to put away the powdered sugar the conversation went like this...

Mom: You didn't use powdered sugar instead of regular sugar did you?
Me: That's flour.


Yup.  
About 5 cups of powdered sugar in my "cookies" and not a drop of flour!

2 comments:

Maverick and Aissa Mitton said...

dats FUNNYYYY!!!!! dont worry tho...its something that i would do

Amber said...

Awesome! Absolutely awesome! That is such a great story :) What a good sister you are!