Friday, January 28

How to be a mediocre blogger...

Or maybe even pathetic (at no extra charge)

Start a new blog with high hopes and the best of intentions.
Blog religiously for a few months, even write preset posts when you go on vacation.

Get sick, lazy and apathetic.
Stop writing, except an occasional update about your bodily functions.

Lose your camera so you can't post pictures.
Find the camera and realize you still don't have the battery charger,
and so all you really have is a little message telling you to "change battery pack."

Debate in your head nearly everyday if it is even worth starting again;
or if it would just be too humiliating.

Find yourself thinking in blog post format from time to time; 
framing stories in your mind to share with the www.

Decide to give it a go.

7 comments:

mikensi said...

u r in the realm; u can't leave. :) hope to see you more and more!

Lindsay said...

Thats so fun I do that thing when you talk in blog format in you head. I always think about posting but never do... I personaly very much enjoy reading your blog so please continue.

Melissa said...

you're the cutest. fun post. keep 'em coming.

(also, you're pregnant, so I will always accept that as an excuse for anything.)

Anonymous said...

hi jen

Anonymous said...

this is Dan, not anonymous, I forgot that some random anonymous person saying "hi jen" on your blog looks sketchy. if you're the paranoid type. and stuff.

Lisa Johnson said...

I personally love it when you blog and have not qualms if you start and stop whenever you want. I also think in blog post format too sometimes. It's just getting that into the actual blog that is hard for me. Blog when you want, but no pressure!

Kate Alder said...

Ha!
I like your blog. More importantly, I like you. And it is fun to see the world through your eyes.

Oh, and how can you "perfect mediocrity" if your blog was perfect anyway.... don't worry so much. and we all know you are prego...
hey, call me sometime....
< ! >
Love,
Kate