Tuesday, April 26

Paint

I don't like to paint when I'm pregnant, it makes me nervous.
Unfortunately for Li, when I'm pregnant is pretty much the only time I think things need painting.

Like how I decided last week that we NEEDED a chalkboard wall in the dining room.
And once the idea took root it couldn't happen fast enough.
I couldn't wait 1 day to go buy the paint.
(Which happened to be on sale the day I went to get it, furthering the idea in my mind that we really NEEDED this wall.)

I taped and Li patiently indulged me with 2 generous coats of paint.
Yesterday I rubbed the side of a piece of chalk all over the whole thing and erased like MAD to "prime" the surface.
(Which I'm only slightly embarrassed to admit was BY FAR the hardest workout I've had in months and nearly sent me into labor...it was really hard!)

Here she is in all her glory....
 I love it!
(Carter does too, but once I got the camera out he wanted to cheese instead of color.)

And yes, our dining room floor is now red.
I told you Li's been doing a lot of painting.

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

I love it! what a great idea. I think we need to live closer to each other.

Lisa Johnson said...

So you did "make" one! Nice! I absolutely love it! Way to go Li for painting! Way to go Jen for priming the chalkboard! Now go take a nap!

mikensi said...

how fun! i love it!!

*rOcKiN rIcHiNs* said...

I have totally been thinking about doing this! So crazy- and So Cute!