Saturday, July 3

10 Miles

Remember how I said I'd rather go to the lake in the morning instead of run?
Well, we finally made it to the lake.

Last summer I was recovering from a C-section and thusly a "sissy-pants."
This summer I was determined not to be....
In the process I lost a contact lens, blackened my eye and my arm, and severely limited the range of motion in my neck.

I was feeling the effects this morning when our course went around the lake.
I couldn't decide which would be worse,
getting back in the water
or running up the GINORMOUS hill to get back home.

In the end, I didn't really have an option,
and so I ran.

When I got back in to town, I think I was expecting banners and a newspaper headline that read something like, 
"Local couple wakes up at 5:30 in the morning and runs 10 miles."


 I guess, really, it's not that big a deal.
But, I felt like I was changing the world.

3 comments:

Hadi said...

Hello.
I am hadi.I can not understand English well.
I want be your friend and I want have friend in other country.
my E-mail : Hadyoman@yahoo.com

Lisa Johnson said...

You are changing the world! I think it's amazing that you guys ran 10 miles. I can't run 10 feet! Sounds like you need some advil though for all of the injuries you sustained. But that doesn't make you a sissy pants.

Lindsay said...

10 miles! are you serious? If I were there I would have a banner ready for you. I thought I was doing good with 3 miles... You guys are good.