Wednesday, July 14

my bag

When I lived in Brasil
l would always see people carrying these bags on their way to 
the market.


There were only a few things I 
HAD to buy before I left.
A bag of my own was definitely on the list.
I imagined I'd find a cool market when I got back to the states.
 
Well...
I didn't.
And so my bag was used for lots of other things.
  
Then, a few months ago everyone in town was talking about 

It's not a market, it's a food co-op.
 
But every week I get to fill up my bag with yummy
fruits and veggies.


So every week I get to reminisce about my time in Brasil,
and pretend I really am a brasileira.
  Oh and eat yummy food!


Bountiful Baskets currently has sites in 
AZ, UT, ID, NV, TX, WA, WY
If that includes you, you should check it out.
 

6 comments:

Kate said...

jen, I don't know your email..... email me about planning a trip with Sharla (happyk8@gmail.com).
She said that she can play during the week of Aug 9-13 or after the 16th. We can come to Hurricane or I'm game for anything :)

Kate said...

How do you cook/eat your brussel sprouts? I don't know anything about them.
Does Carter like Veggies? Cora will eat fruit all day, but I have to trick her into eating veggies...

jen said...

Carter is a veggie boy. Most be from his dad's genes.

And does anyone know how to cook brussel sprouts? I didn't even know what they were until someone told me!

Debbie Wallace said...

Jennifer,
Enjoyed seeing you and Li last week, and getting to hug Carter. Saw that you were still interested in the felt bags on one of your posts. Erin is coming up next week and could bring felt that Fern could then get to you. Do you want me to have her get you some?
Also, noticed the post by Kylie from Hawaii on living peacefully. Just thought you should know that she "lifted" it from an Arbinger book and should give credit. Because it is copyrighted you might mention that to her.
Let me know about the felt.

Debbie

Lisa Johnson said...

One of these days I may have to look into a bountiful basket. I just don't see it being worth it for just Joe and I right now. So glad you have found a use for your bag though!

As for brussel sprouts, I don't know how to cook them (Joe might) but one of the Chefs on Food Network has a restaurant that deep fries them. Pretty sure that defeats their nutritional goodness, but they looked yummy.

jen said...

Yeah, I'm thinking deep frying sounds YUMMY but defeats the point of eating something green!