Thursday, July 22

Sausage Casserole

If you want to join in the whole "eat your food slower" thing, here is a good recipe to try.
It's good for two reasons...
1 because it's good, as in, I think you'll like it.
2 because it's spicy, so you'll naturally want to eat it a little slower.
Oh and 3 it's easy!

Sausage Casserole
(from my grandma)

1 lb. spicy sausage (Or not spicy if you prefer, but then you'll have to work harder to eat slowly.)
1/4 onion (chopped)
green pepper (chopped)
celery (chopped)
(I never thought I'd be sharing a recipe that didn't have exact measurements, but really just put in however much you want, if I can do it, ANYONE can!)
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 soup can water
1 cup uncooked rice

Brown the sausage.  Add everything else.  Mix. Put it in a casserole dish.
Bake @ 350 for 45 minutes covered
and then 15 more minutes uncovered.

 Want to see a picture?
Sorry, I doubled it and it was still gone before I thought to get a picture.
But I used lots of colors of peppers and it was actually quite pretty.
Sorry you missed it.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Our mom made a casserole similar to this one and it is yummy. I made it for dinner the other night and it is actually one of the only things I make that Logan will eat! I'll have to try your version someday.

Christi said...

um this sounds delicious!