Thursday, September 29

Now I understand why my parents put me in the garage

I had the sugary sweetest post planned for today.  
All about smoothies and matching clothes and kitty-cats and rainbows.  
Well, some of that anyway. 
Maybe another day.  
If you're good.

(I just realized I typed god instead of good.  Do you think God reads blogs?)

So maybe it was because I've been playing nurse to 2 sick kids for the past 6 days.  
Or maybe the fact that my baby isn't yet 5 months old, and hasn't started solids but I still started my period this morning.  
Or maybe the gravitational pull of the moon in line with jupiter.....whatever.  
I woke up from my 7 solid hours of sleep feeling like there was no way I could function without 7 more.

But I yanked myself out of bed and Netflix and I did our best to raise these children.

(Megan likes to watch Carter while he watches TV.)

I remember wishing that Li had a sick day so that he could come home and I could have a sick day.
In retrospect, that should've been a red flag.

Megan finally fell asleep so I stuck Carter in his bed and fell asleep.  
Carter did not go to sleep and got into...well, I don't want to get arrested....so, something he shouldn't have.   
I was still desperate for sleep so I locked him in his room and he started yelling.  
Of course. 
Then my tender little Megan started crying in her sleep because Carter was crying.  
Ugh.  
As if I hadn't already blown the competition for world's worst mother out of the water.  
But yelling and door slamming and stomping around were soon to follow.  

Putting him in the garage to keep him quiet would've been much kinder.

(How could I get mad at a face like that?)

How much would I love a phone call like, "Please take my kids for an hour I'm desperate for a nap."?  So much. 
I know for a fact that if I had posted something similar on facebook I would have had multiple offers of help in minutes.

I watched Carter yank on a hose tonight for several minutes crying his brains out because he couldn't move it any further.  (I really am a mean mom, huh?)  When I finally convinced him he needed help it took me all of 30 seconds to fix his problem.

"I wanna do it myself."
Well I can't. 
And neither can you.

Or maybe you can.
But you don't have to.

And speaking of food, which we aren't, but my original post idea was going to... everything I wanted to make for dinner this week was soup.  So we ate nothing but soup all week.  And next week I'm going to post a recipe a day.  It should be yummy.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I LOVE soups! and I love this post! you're such a good mom.

Amber said...

Man, you've been blogging like crazy! Where have I been? Mainly, not visiting the internet because I've been crazy busy, but it's so great to check in on you and read your hiliarous and fun stories!

You are cute.