Wednesday, October 5

I don't even like cauliflower

Wednesday was Cauliflower Soup.  I feel special every time I type cauliflower and the red squiggly line doesn't come up.  It's a tricky word, right?

Here is the link to my cauliflower soup recipe.  I made this a few weeks ago.  It's incredibly easy and really yummy.  And Carter and I even ate vegetables without complaining.  It's pretty rich and creamy, so I did get a little bit of a bellyache after.

This time around I thought I'd get clever and make it with broccoli.  Which was a bad idea.  And then I got carried away with my vegetables.  I love a party and I always say the more the merrier.  But then I didn't want to add too many of those salty chicken cubes things so I didn't.  I just put in more water. 

It wasn't a horrible catastrophe. We ended up having to add more seasonings after it was cooked.  (I say we because I always call in Li to fix my kitchen blunders, I'm no good at anything but following a recipe.)  And the broccoli just made the texture yucky.  Next time  I'll stick to cauliflower and not invite extra veggies to the party unless I'm willing to add extra of everything else.  i.e. double the recipe, like a normal person.


Oh, and I followed the advice of one of the commenters and used a slotted spoon to put the veggies in the blender and then only added some of the broth back in.  Also, I don't have Worcestershire sauce (nor can I spell it without a squiggly line) I used some soy sauce and Tabasco instead. 

Try it.  You'll like it.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

I've decided I'm coming to visit you so you can inspire me to cook.

jen said...

That's the best idea I've heard all day.