Thursday, October 6

Macaroni and Cheese

I know, I know it's not soup.  But this recipe uses soup so I think it counts.  I am cheating though because Thursday was the night I clenched the world's worst mother trophy so you can bet your boots I didn't make dinner.

It's ridiculously easy to make.  You can probably pull it off, even on your bad nights.

I'm even going to type it out, it's that easy....
Over medium heat boil 1 can Campbell's cheese soup --- I use the fiesta kind, it's spicy
with 2 cups of water.

Add 2 cups uncooked elbow noodles --- I use whole wheat because I like to pretend this is better for you than the box.

Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until your noodles are soft.
Stir it every now and then.
Remove from heat and stir in 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese --- I used pepperjack once, and it was a bit much for me.  But maybe you like that kinda thing.

Let stand covered 10 minutes before serving --- we usually don't make it.

We all love this and I like to pretend Carter is eating veggies because the fiesta soup has red and green chunks it in.  I'm sure they don't really count, but maybe they'll prep him to eat the real thing some day. 


2 comments:

Lisa Johnson said...

Sound yummy and easy! Thanks!

And you sure don't qualify for the world's worst mother. Pretty sure that lady in the mid-west whose 18-month-old and 3-year-old who had cocaine and beer in their systems took and claimed that prize for a good long while.

lex said...

I am certain that vegetable-colored flecks count. Mmm, mac and cheese sounds yummy today! I'm logging your recipes away for when I am back in the world of canned soups and recognizable cheeses.