Friday, February 3

Plating

 I got new plates for Christmas.  
White and square just like the cooking shows.

So naturally Li and I had a Chopped competition.  
The taste of our guacamole has already been judged, 
but will you please vote on who did a better job with presentation?


Number 1

or

Number 2

 or

Number 3

Megan's not actually in the competition.  
But I love the way she won't eat unless she can do it herself.
In theory I would love to keep things clean while teaching my little humans how to eat.

But I have to admit,
I smiled inside when she reached out and grabbed the avocado 
I was spoon feeding her.

That's my girl.

3 comments:

The Stratton's said...

Plate #1 never would have stood up to the Chopped judges with the pit on the plate... "do you expect me to eat that?" they would say... So I vote 2. Otherwise i would have picked 1.

Lisa Johnson said...

Even with the pit I would still pick #1. It's more visually interesting, at least to me. :-) Though option #3 is a very cute way to "plate" the food you were trying to eat!

Daniel said...

Plate 1 wins for visual presentation. Plate 2 wins for functionality. I would eat out of #2, I'd be afraid to mess up #1 if I moved a chip