Monday, August 9

Blunder Week: The Story of the Sheets

Welcome to Blunder Week!!

It seems that lately, due to stupidity, ignorance, or carelessness,
I've done a lot of dumb things.
This week I'd like to share a few of them with you,
starting with 
The Story of the Sheets....

As some of you know, I recently went to IKEA.
There, I purchased a duvet cover and some gray sheets.
We got our new king sized bed and Li went to open the sheets.
I told him, in no uncertain terms, that he could not until I had shopped locally to make sure these were "the sheets."
(You can't return IKEA bedding once it's been opened.)

A few days later I went shopping and came home with some different gray sheets.
We tried these out and I still couldn't decide.

At this point Li was either fed up with me, or else he realized someone had to make a decision.
He opened the IKEA sheets and proceeded to make the bed.

And then I realized it...
we bought two fitted sheets and no flat sheets.
And then we decided to keep both sets of sheets so we could mix and match.











Basically, I have now spent WAY more on sheets than I ever intended to 
and I still want to buy another flat sheet.

MORAL: Listen to Li?!

3 comments:

Lisa Johnson said...

So sounds like something I would do. At least sheets are something you can use over and over again!

mikensi said...

lol, nice! at least you will have an extra set for company :)

jen said...

If only we had another bed for company.