Thursday, August 5

an experiment in cosleeping

And now the story you've all been waiting for...
(Probably not as exciting as the hype, but you can decide that for yourself.)
After tossing and turning in my bed for something like an hour I went and got Li and asked him to help me fall asleep.

His idea was to feed me.


And then we snuck into Carter's room to spy on him and squeeze his legs.

Me: "Don't you sometimes just want to scoop him up and put him in our bed."
Li: "Let's do it."
Me: "I guess I'm not sleeping anyway...."

And that, my friends, displays how tired I already was.

Sure he is ADORABLE when he is sleeping.

But it wasn't long before I remembered why we don't cosleep.
I can barely even sleep with a husband in my bed.
It was a LONG night and I think I fell asleep at some point.
Babies are noisy and move around a lot.
Well, at least mine does.

At some point in the early morning hours, inspiration struck
and I realized I could put him back in his bed. 


1 comment:

mikensi said...

Oh, I just LOVE this post! LOVE it! I love every word! Especially the part about squeezing his legs, lol! Makes me giggle you didn't get much sleep and realized you could put him back in his bed. :) I don't know how we'd do with Jae and without our king sized bed. Sure do miss that thing. Anyway, thanks for posting this! Yay for warm fuzzies!