Thursday, June 3

How NOT to buy a cool frame

For a pretty long while I've been wanting a cool, flowy looking frame.

I finally found one.
You may recall this little number.

I had no intentions of keeping the candlestick part.  
In fact, my plan was to pop it off at the wooden part.

Shhh...don't tell anyone...
the silly thing is solid plastic!!

Here are some photos of what followed...

(This was around midnight.  We tried a saw, heating an exacto knife, and finally burned a hole in it.)

(Then, our friend with the sweet workshop lent us "the perfect saw for the job."  The problem was if you went too fast, it just melted back together.)

(Back to burning holes in it.)

And finally...

I LOVE IT!

2 comments:

Nate and Sum said...

Love it Jenn! Can't wait to see what you put in it!

Lisa Johnson said...

That is awesome! It reminds me of the frame around the peep hole on the door of Monica & Rachel's apartment on Friends. Look at you honing your skills so that someday we will have a very profitable business!