Thursday, June 24

Thoughts?

When he is making the mess
and I'm getting something done
it always seems easier just to let him finish.

And then I have to clean it up.....


On a sorta similar note, I am really curious what everyone thinks about this article.

It's called
Five Reasons to Stop Saying "Good Job!"
By Alfie Kohn


Read it over
(or skim it over)

and if you have any thoughts, feel free to share.

Please and thank you.


P.S. If you're really feeling like reading, this post on stay at home moms is yummy.
P.P.S. Sorry for all the homework in the summertime.

5 comments:

Lindsay said...

I liked it and i agree. Thanks Jen!

Kim said...

I do that with Logan all the time - if i'm going to have to clean it up anyway I may as well finish what I'm doing.

Great article and blog. I love when other people say exactly how I feel. It makes me feel less alone.

jen said...

Bowmans...we miss you.

Kim...that's a good way to put it, it does make you feel less alone.

Stephanie said...

I remember a friend once telling me to stop telling my kids that they were so smart and start saying, "you worked really hard at that!"

I still do both. ;)

Thanks again for your support. Your blog is all kinds of deliciousness. :)

jen said...

I think I've been doing both too since I read the article.