Tuesday, June 8

It's back!!






My birthday that is.

This was me on my last birthday. 
I think I was too caught up in having a baby to realize that I turned a year older.
Somehow or another 26 never registered in my mind.

As a result I am having a REALLY hard time owning up to 27.
Plus everyone keeps calling me "almost thirty."

I don't like that.

I know it's just a number.

But still.


It's A MUCH higher number than I feel.

This is a depressing post.
I'm sorry.


I'm going scuba diving in a swimming pool tonight.
That's happy.

I'm happy too.
But also old.

3 comments:

Tigger said...

Jen,
Always remember you are only as old as you feel. Some days, I am still 18, other days, I am fifty (mostly right after child birth).
May you still feel young as your body "ages".
Tigger

P.S. I am not very good at sewing, but if you want to get together and experiment with some thread and a machine, that could be fun. I am also in a quilt guild. If you want to check it out we meet every 2nd Thursday at the Senior Citizens Center (This Thursday)--at 6 PM.

Nate and Sum said...

Happy Birthday Jen! Have fun scuba diving.

Lisa Johnson said...

Remember that I will always be older than you. That should help you feel a little better.

I also hate when people say I'm almost 30. I will "almost" be thirty the day before my 30th birthday, that is it.

I hope you have a good birthday even though we are both getting old!